Something did happen, however...we finished up our indoor club volleyball season not too long ago. It was a great year, and we ended up losing the national championship final in a tight 5 set match...heartbreaking. But we more than made up for it with a celebration later that night.
That being said, let me take this opportunity to announce that I think organized indoor competitive volleyball has given me more than I could have ever asked for (and taken more than I wanted!), so I'm done with it. No more destroying my knees any further. I even gave my shoes away. That's how official it is.
Moving on, as the title of this post indicates it's been raining here quite a bit lately. Apparently, last winter, my first here, was a mild one in terms of rain. This year...not so much. So last Wednesday I awoke to sunny skies and rode my bike to work. On the way home later that day, I had a thought; 'I don't get to the beach that's a five minute walk from my house nearly enough.' So my camera and I went for a stroll after work along the beach. Here's some of what I saw...
Takapuna Beach
A visitor I managed to capture a bit late, and from the hip, but it turned out alright
How everything gets to NZ...
Rangitoto Island; home of "The Dual" Mountain bike race
Dead Jelly
Stranded Starfish

No comments:
Post a Comment